Child care when you need it!
My life as a working actor and mother has been made significantly easier by ACTRA’s partnership with Kids & Company! Their Back-up daycare plan works as effectively as I’d hoped… I was even able to get my daughter into one of their nearby locations within a few hours notice, one day! The location I’ve used is always clean, secure and well-staffed. Plus, the Backup Daycare plan you purchase with them is good for any of their 35+ locations across the country. Whether you need full-time, part-time or backup daycare, I would highly recommend their services for any ACTRA members with small children.
~ Lisa Michelle Cornelius
ACTRA Toronto is delighted to introduce a new family and child care benefit to assist members with balancing work-life challenges. We are keenly aware that even the most stable child care arrangements can occasionally become unavailable, forcing parents to not accept an audition or leave on short notice. We realize the advantages of offering flexible benefits and are partnering with Kids & Company to bring a number of new services.
Some of these services include:
- Guaranteed full-time and part-time flexible child care (within 6 months or sooner from registering) at any of Kids & Company’s locations. Care can range from 1 to 5 days per week
- After-hour babysitting referral service (evening or week-end care provided by a Kidco Educator based on an hourly rate).
- Family Events, and Parenting workshops throughout the calendar year. Information can be found on Kidco website under the location of interest.
- Other dependent-care benefits, including; elder care, long-term, short-term and emergency in-home nanny services at discounted rates
For ACTRA Toronto members, Kids and Company is offering Back-up child care – An initial offering for Sept – Dec 2016 at $200 for up to 8 visits and thereafter, from Jan – Dec 2017, 15 days/year for the low cost of $350 for children up to the age of 12. These days can be used for emergencies or planned disruptions (regular caregiver quits or is unavailable, school closures , seasonal breaks, school strikes…) This package is per child per calendar year, although the initial offering covers Sept – Dec 2016.
How to Register:
Part One (Parent Enrolment Form):
- Go to www.kidsandcompany.com and click Get Started
- Select “ACTRA Toronto” from the Company drop down menu
- Fill out the short Parent Enrollment Form. Your Employee ID is your ACTRA Toronto membership number in the format 04-12345
- Click submit. A username and Password will be sent to your email address within one hour
Part Two (Child Registration Form):
- Go to www.kidsandcompany.com and sign-in with your new Username and Password (Sign-In icon located at top right-hand corner of Kids & Company home page)
- In the Parent Portal, please choose the registration icon that best suits your needs; Register for Full/Part-time, Register for Full/Part-time & Back-up, or Register for Back-up
- Please have available: Your Employee ID (ACTRA Toronto Membership #); Child’s Immunization Record; Health History and Date of last full medical examination; Child’s Doctor/Pediatrician’s coordinates; Emergency contacts, Special Dietary Requirements and allergy information (if any)
- Complete the comprehensive Child Registration Form and Click Submit.
- Print the Parent Contract and Parent Consent (for Full or Part-time) or the Parent Consent Form (for Back-up only) and sign document(s).
- Forward the Contract and/or Consent Form along with your deposit (cheque) and registration fee to your Kids & Company preferred child care location.