Info and Resources
- ACTRA Awards
- Background Work
- Child Performers
- Commercial Callback Cheques
- Council and Governance
- Gordon Pinsent Studio
- In Memoriam
- Performers Magazine
- Promote Yourself
- Protect Yourself
- Problems on Set
- Safety on Set
The Gordon Pinsent Studio
The Gordon Pinsent Studio is a free resource for ACTRA Toronto members. ACTRA Toronto hosts this studio so members can record auditions or rehearse on-camera for free. The studio includes a digital camera, a viewing monitor, a dvd writer to record your work, basic lighting and a plain background.
The studio is available Monday to Friday in 1/2-hour time slots. The first booking time is 9:30 am and the last is 3:15 pm.
To use the studio, you must be a member in good standing of ACTRA. Minor members must be accompanied by a parent.
Please review the Gordon Pinsent Studio Usage Guidelines before you visit the studio. To book, contact Stephanie Stevenson at 416.642.6735 or by email at email@example.com.
Studio Usage Guidelines
- Please be courteous with staff and punctual in arriving and leaving.
- Leave the studio as you would like to find it: clean and tidy.
- IMMEDIATELY REPORT any damage or missing equipment prior to use.
- Turn off the lights and equipment when you leave, unless otherwise directed.
- Bring a new writable DVD to record your performance (and remember to take it with you when you leave!)
- Bring a parent with you if you are a minor.
- Enjoy the chance to practice or capture your work on film in this wonderful studio you share with your fellow members!
- To ensure the studio and equipment continue to work, please observe these guidelines!
- Do not bring liquids or food into the studio.
- Do not smoke in the building or the studio, not even 'prop' smoking.
- Do not move the camera: the camera can (ONLY) be zoomed in and out and tilted up and down. The performance is the key element here.
- Do not shift the lights around. Check the monitor to see which of the three lights you wish to use; less for dramatic effect, more for basic lighting.
- Don't touch any of the preset buttons on the camera.
- Take a last look around before you leave to make sure you have everything you brought; ACTRA Toronto is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not keep the monitor turned toward performer, as it is distracting.
- Do not bring a lot of props: they distract from the performance.
- Don't clutter the studio with coats, boots, bags and so on. Leave them outside.
Please note that failing to respect Gordon Pinsent Studio Usage Guidelines may result in loss of studio privileges. Members are responsible for any and all damage to studio and equipment.