ACTRA Toronto Votes 2022
Ontario Municipal Election: #ActforArtists on October 24, 2022
2022 Voters Guide – Ontario municipal council and school board election
This guide provides information to voters for the 2022 municipal council and school board elections. The information also applies to any by-elections that may be held during the 20222026 council and school board term.
Click the image to download a copy of 2022 Voters’ Guide -Ontario municipal council and school board elections in PDF fromat.
Make sure you are on the voters’ list
Your name must be on the voters’ list in order for you to cast a ballot.
The voters’ list for each municipal election is prepared from data kept by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).
After September 1, you must apply to your municipal clerk if you want to add your name to the list or correct your information. You have until the close of voting on October 24 to apply for any changes. If you want to change your school support, you must contact MPAC.
Share some “#democraselfies”
Want to share some #democraselfies? Photos aren’t allowed behind the voting screen in the polling station. But photos are allowed outside the voting place, so selfies with the sign outside are just fine!
Creative Industries Work Opportunities
Essential Questions for Candidates on Creative Industries Work Opportunities
- Will you commit to advocating for strong stable film and television tax credits in Ontario?
- Will you commit to investing in studio infrastructure to ensure Ontario is able to continue to attract a growing number of productions?
- What investments will you support to make life better for precarious workers?
- How will your government support access to the film industry for diverse groups, Indigenous people, people in rural and remote communities and people living with disabilities?
- Will you commt to delivering resources, tools and initiatives to implement sustainable strategies and environmental protocols in Ontario’s film industry?
- The creative industry matters to Ontario’s economy and supports thousands of jobs.
- Artists live and work in our communities. They support local businesses and help attract business.
- The provincial government plays an important role in supporting film, television and digital media.
Please Knock Sign
Post this “please knock” sign and ask any candidates who drop around to make four commitments on the issues that affect workers in our industry. Click the image to download the sign in PDF format.