To start producing under the Independent Production Agreement, you must first agree to its terms, provide some basic information about your production. Here are the forms you’ll need:
- Voluntary Recognition Agreement (What’s this? It’s the document where you agree to the terms of the IPA)
- Production Form
- Security Agreement (What’s this? It’s a document, required before you start production, that protects the payment due to performers.)
ACTRA Toronto’s low-budget incentives come in two flavours – the tiered Low Budget Guideline for first time and emerging producers, triggered by budget level and the WiP (Web independent Production) Guideline which supports qualifying web series. See details below:
- The Low Budget Guideline was created to support first time and emerging producers working with emerging and diverse performers and covers productions with the budgets in the following tiers.
- Tier 1 – Total Production Cost of $275,000 to $350,000
- Tier 2 – Total Production Cost of $150,000 to $274,999
- Tier 3 – Total Production Cost of $50,000 to $149,999
- Tier 4 – Total Production Cost of less than $50,000
- Talent to Watch – certified budget less than $275,000
- The WiP (Web independent Production) covers web series longer than 3 minutes, but no longer than 90 minutes in total, with a total budget of less than $3,875 per minute, subject to exclusions (see guideline). All projects must shoot within ACTRA Toronto’s jurisdiction. Producers, directors, writers, performers and key crew must all be Canadian or permanent residents and reside in Canada.
- This WiP Checklist is intended to give you a handy way to track the necessary paperwork that is to be submitted to WiP.