AABP Caucus Meeting

January 9, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Jan 10

Full Member BG Committee

January 10, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm

Performers’ Radius Map

2017 ACTRA Awards in Toronto

The 2017 ACTRA Toronto Award of Excellence

The Annual ACTRA Toronto Award of Excellence recognizes an exceptional body of work and a commitment to advocacy on behalf of all performers. In 2017, ACTRA Toronto is proud to present the award to Murdoch Mysteries’ Yannick Bisson. ACTRA Toronto is thrilled to celebrate a great Canadian star from a Canadian production success story as we join in celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday.
yannick-bisson-headshot
Yannick Bisson has amassed over 60 performing credits since 1984. He is best known as Detective William Murdoch in Shaftesbury’s period drama Murdoch Mysteries, for which he won the Canadian Screen Awards’ 2016 Fan Choice Award. He regularly draws 1.4 million viewers to the show in Canada on CBC. Now in its 10th season, Murdoch was named Playback’s 2015 TV Show of the Year and is sold into 110 countries worldwide. Mr. Bisson also won a Canadian Screen Award for Best Host in a Pre-School, Children’s or Youth Program or Series for The Adventures of Napkin Man.

Yannick has been a champion of Canadian performers and a vocal opponent of the recent CRTC decision to facilitate the hiring of non-Canadian performers in lead roles in productions funded by Certified Independent Production Funds. Through interviews and social media, he continues to encourage his fellow performers and all Canadians to press the federal government to review the CRTC decision. Other causes and charities he champions include: Artists for Peace and Justice, which supports education and healthcare programs in Haiti; Camp Ooch, a camp for kids fighting cancer; Childhood Cancer Canada; and Sheena’s Place, a support centre for people affected by eating disorders.

“None of this is possible without a strong network of colleagues, fans, friends and family. I am so thankful for the team that has come together to create each episode of Murdoch Mysteries for close to 10 years, and for viewers from across the globe who continue to tune in; and for my friends and family, who always inspire me and steadfastly encourage my many endeavors. I am filled with so much gratitude and further committed to giving back to my industry – an industry that has given me so much – in a significant way.” – Yannick Bisson

• Office Location
  • 625 Church Street, 1st and 2nd Floors
  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada · M4Y 2G1
  • Hours: 9:00 am to 4:45 pm, Monday to Friday
  • Click for Google Map & more info
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • © 2013 ACTRA Toronto
  • All Rights Reserved.
  • Telephone: 416-928-2278