Queer Your Stories Short Film Competition
CALL FOR SPONSORS
outACTRAto invites cash and in-kind sponsorship from queer and queer-friendly individuals, organizations, and businesses. If you would like to learn more about sponsoring the Queer Your Stories Short Film Competition, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: QYS Sponsorship
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: 11:59 EST, November 30, 2021
outACTRAto is pleased to partner again with the Inside Out Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival on our 3rd annual short film competition. Queer ACTRA Toronto members interested in producing a short film are encouraged to apply.
The winning submission will receive:
- $4500 in cash sponsored by AFBS
- In-kind equipment rentals sponsored by Grandé Camera
- A Colour Grading session courtesy of Rolling Pictures (1 day/8hrs of colour including a conform and master file)
- A World Premiere screening at the 2022 Inside Out Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival
- An Industry Pass to the 2022 Inside Out Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival
All in-kind equipment rentals, in-kind post production services and sponsored funds will go toward creating a short film. The short film will be produced as an ACTRA Toronto Special Project Initiative. The winning film will acknowledge outACTRAto, ACTRA Toronto, and all sponsors in the film’s credits
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES IN PDF FORMAT:
SELECTION CRITERIA AND TIMELINES
- Submissions will be reviewed by a Jury made up of representatives from outACTRAto and Inside Out LGBT Film Festival.
- The Jury will consider artistic merit and feasibility when reviewing submissions. As time and resources for this project will be limited, the Jury will pay special attention to proposed budgets and other logistical considerations. In addition to a bold artistic vision, submissions should include at least one senior team member with low-budget production experience, a detailed budget, and specifics on any other funding sources or in-kind donations the team has already secured.
- Preference will be given to submissions that explore queerness through an intersectional lens
- Preference will be given to projects that prominently feature a diverse cast of queer and/or trans/non-binary performers in all roles — outACTRAto is committed to supporting projects that feature queer performers in queer roles
- The successful applicant will be notified no later than January 1, 2022
- The successful applicant’s team will receive an orientation session with ACTRA Toronto staff in the first week of January, 2022. COVID protocols will be discussed at this time.
- Submissions must be made by LGBTQ+ ACTRA Toronto members in good standing.
- Members who submit must take on at least one of the following three roles: Writer, Director, and/or Producer.
- The winning selection will be an ACTRA Toronto Special Project Initiative and feature exclusively union performers.
- Winning team must follow festival guidelines and commit to a World Premiere screening at the 2022 Inside Out Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival.
- The final script should be no more than 10 pages.
- The final edit of the film must run no longer than 10 minutes, including credits.
- Production will take place January – March, 2022.
- The completed film will be due 15th April, 2022.
- Applicants will be responsible for all costs beyond the AFBS sponsorship of $4500 and the in-kind sponsorship from Grandé Camera.
- Deadline for submissions is November 30, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
NOTE: A red asterisk * indicates a required field.