Notice of ACTRA Toronto Council By-election
Per Article 11.3 of the ACTRA Toronto By-Laws, a by-election will take place at the ACTRA Toronto Council meeting on November 1st, 2022 to replace a retiring Councillor.
ACTRA Toronto full members in good standing who wish to run as candidates in the by-election must fill out and submit the Nomination Form no later than 5:00 p.m. (EST) October 18th, 2022.
CLICK TO OPEN A FILLABLE PDF VERSION OF THE NOMINATION FORM
This form can be filled out on your computer, saved and emailed to ACTRA Toronto. Alternatively, it can be downloaded, printed, filled out manually, scanned and emailed to ACTRA Toronto per the instructions below.
Please email your completed and signed Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 p.m. (EST) October 18th, 2022.
Governing ACTRA Toronto By-Law: 11.3
The excerpt below is provided for your convenience. Click here to access the complete ACTRA Toronto By-Laws document in PDF format.
ARTICLE 11 – ELECTION RULES FOR ACTRA TORONTO COUNCIL BY-ELECTIONS, EXECUTIVE AND NATIONAL COUNCIL DELEGATE ELECTIONS
(11.3) In the event of a vacancy on the ACTRA Toronto Council, the following election process shall apply:
- Notice of the by-election and Nomination Forms will be provided to all full ACTRA Toronto members, including members who ran in the general election, a minimum of 28 days prior to the Council meeting where the election will take place.
- Members interested in seeking election to the Council must submit the completed Nomination Form fourteen (14) days prior to the Council meeting.
- Each duly nominated candidate will be invited to attend the Council meeting and may be invited to speak for up to three (3) minutes each.
- The vote will be conducted by secret ballot. The successful candidate must receive 50% plus 1 of the eligible votes cast. In the event that there is no successful candidate after the first ballot, the candidate receiving the least number of votes will be removed from the ballot and the voting will take place again. This process will be repeated until a candidate receives the required number of votes to be declared elected.
- The successful candidate will immediately take office upon their election.
- Results of the election will be made known to the general membership on the ACTRA Toronto website.
- Upon completion of the vote, Council will be asked to support a motion to destroy the ballots.