Commercial Callback Cheques
ACTRA Toronto issues callback cheques to members within five (5) business days from the date the audition sign-in sheets are received from the casting director.
The callback audition fee was initially introduced to dissuade casting and production personnel from requiring unnecessary second and third auditions and also to compensate performers for their expenses.
Help Us Pay You Sooner
To be paid for a second, third or subsequent callback audition, you must write clearly on the sign-in sheet at the audition. ACTRA Toronto staff will not be able to obtain your callback fee if your name is illegible. Please PRINT your name clearly on the sheet, DON’T use your signature. Make sure you indicate the audition number (second, third, etc.). Be sure to fill in the audition call time and time out.
- Please PRINT your name clearly on the sheet.
- DON’T use your signature.
- Make sure you indicate the audition number (second, third, etc.).
- Be sure to include the audition call time and time out.
Keep Good Records
Keep track of your auditions in a datebook or logbook. If you think you’re owed money for a callback, you’ll need the facts (date, time, product, audition number, and any other important information) to verify what you’re owed. ACTRA does not keep logs for performers who attend auditions.
Callback Audition Fee
Performers called back for a second or subsequent audition shall receive $50.00 per diem per callback audition as reimbursement for their expenses incurred.
Situations Where Callback Fees Will NOT Be Issued:
- No callback fees are paid for first auditions.
- No callback fees are paid for second auditions on SAG-AFTRA (U.S.) spots.
- No callback fees can be paid if your name is illegible on the audition sign-in sheet.
- No callback fees can be paid if ACTRA doesn’t have your current mailing address.
- No callback fees will be sent to agents.
In Case of Non-Payment
Please report non-payment to Nancy Dickinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in ACTRA Toronto’s Commercial Department. Please provide the relevant information, including your membership number, date of the audition, and the product for which you auditioned.