Online Town Halls
Since the early days of the pandemic in March, ACTRA Toronto has scheduled frequent online Town Hall meetings to update members about breaking news that affects our industry and work opportunities and to provide an opportunity for members to hear their questions answered by their elected union leaders, professional staff and expert panellists. If you missed the townhalls, links to the recordings of the meetings are provided below.
- 1st ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – March 26, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
- 2nd ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – April 9, 2020 – COVID-19 Update
- 3rd ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – May 13, 2020 – Health & Safety Update
- 4th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – June 18, 2020 – From Words to Action Against Anti-Black Racism and Systemic Discrimination
- 5th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – June 25, 2020 – Return to Work and COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
- 6th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – Aug 6, 2020 – ACTRA/Ubisoft Collective Agreement Referendum Town Hall & Q&A
- 7th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – Oct 8, 2020 – ACTRA Toronto Fall Members Town Hall & Q&A
- 8th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – December 10, 2020 – UPDATES: Anti-Black racism, diversity & inclusion initiatives (with Tonya Williams); AFBS “covid agnostic” insurance plan strategy; CERB, CRB and CRA interpretations with MP Julie Dabrusin and Kelly Ross, CPA, CGA; HAVEN Helpline with Victoria Shen and Return to Work Protocols with Judy Barefoot and Alistair Hepburn and Q&A
- 9th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – January 27, 2021 – State of the Industry during Emergency Shutdown; Campaign to Stop the CERB Clawback with Kelly Ross, CPA, CGA; HAVEN Helpline and Staff Q&A
- 10th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall & AGM – February, 18 2021 – Award of Exellence recipient Jani Lauzon; State of the Industry Panel; Recovery & Renewal: ACTRA Toronto Operating Plan 2021 – 2022
- 11th ACTRA Toronto Virtual Townhall – June, 24 2021 – Anti-Black Racism From Words to Action plan update; Ontario Green Screen Initiative report; interview with nely elected ACTRA National President, Eleanor Noble, Ontario moves to Step Two of Roadmap to Reopen
- ACTRA National Virtual Town Hall: The Law & Vaccine Mandates (transcript only) – June 8, 2022, – ACTRA hosted a virtual Town Hall during which legal experts discussed employer considerations in balancing safety with employee privacy and other legal obligations. .
- ACTRA Toronto AFBS/AoS Town Hall – May 26, 2021