Film, Television and Digital Media (IPA)
Are you producing a film, TV show or online production? Animation, Public Service Announcement, Documentary, Industrial or demo pilot? You’re in the right place. We encourage you to call and/or email us with your questions, especially when you’re in the planning stages. Call early, it will help you with budgeting and casting. We’ll point you to the section of the Independent Production Agreement (pdf) that works for your project.
Become an IPA Producer in 2 steps:
Just a little bit of paperwork
To start producing under the Independent Production Agreement, you must first agree to its terms and provide some information about your production. Here are the forms you’ll need:
- Voluntary Recognition Agreement (What’s this? It’s the document where you agree to the basic terms of the IPA)
- Security Agreement (What’s this? It’s a document, required before you start production, that protects the payment due to performers.)
- Production Form
Send us the completed documents
Email the documents to email@example.com.
An IPA Business Representative will contact you to assist you further with your production
Need assistance in completing these forms?
Please review the how-to documents below:
- How to complete a Voluntary Recognition Agreement
- How to complete a Security Agreement
- How to complete a Contract
The IPA covers all forms of recorded performance whether they are broadcast, exhibited, transmitted live, posted online or distributed or broadcast in any other way. TV series, mini-series, Movies of the Week, feature films, shorts, animation, reality programs, webisodes, mobisodes, dubbing – the IPA has it all. Basically, if it isn’t a commercial it’s IPA. (Exceptions include productions made by CBC, CTV, TVO, NFB, VisionTV, CFC, and CityTV.) If you’re making a Documentary jump to Documentary. If you’re making an Industrial click on Industrial in the accordion below.
- Complete IPA 2022-2024 Agreement
- ACTRA IPA 2022-2024 Rate Sheet
- IPA 2022-2024_Memorandum of Agreement by Article number