HOW TO USE THIS FAQ
- The FAQ is organized by category.
- Click on the relevant category below.
- Click on a question in any category to display/hide the answer.
Information about the COVID-19 pandemic changes as the virus mutates and as immunity grows. For more information, members are encouraged to visit and bookmark our COVID-19 Updates page and also our COVID-19 Best Practices page. We will update this list of Frequently Asked Questions on a regular basis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION CATEGORIES
Click on a category to display/hide the questions
If you think you will miss a payment, contact your creditor(s) as soon as possible.
If you have urgent expenses that cannot be deferred and you cannot pay, consider applying to the AFC (see next question)
The AFC is the lifeline for Canada’s entertainment industry. Through compassionate and confidential support, they help Canadian entertainment professionals maintain their health, dignity and ability to work. The AFC is an expression of the community’s good will, helping entertainment professionals when they are at their most vulnerable due to injury, illness or other personal hardship.
AFBS is the best source to find answers to your insurance and retirement questions. Consult the AFBS website.
The ACTRA Toronto office is closed to the public. Film and Television production is permitted to continue, however, in accordance with the Film and television industry health and safety during COVID-19 protocol developed by the Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee of the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
ACTRA Toronto staff continue to work, mostly remotely, supporting members and productions by continuing to process and to mail commercial cheques and payments and by providing other essential services. Staff will return messages as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Looking for a staff email address? Visit our Contact page.
We are still receiving commercial payments from payroll, processing them and mailing performer cheques out as quickly as we can. Agencies are still paying residuals. We mail payments to you or your agent, according to the instructions we have on file for you.
- Stay healthy! Follow the recommendations of Public Health agencies.
- Check your inbox and the COVID-19 Updates page regularly.
- Read all member communications thoroughly before calling or emailing for clarification.
- Free up staff time for member service by reducing telephone traffic to the ACTRA Toronto office as much as possible.
- Make use of the website instead. For example, most of the forms you need are available here: Paperwork
Most importantly, remember that the pandemic has challenged everyone.